Sunday, January 11, 2009

my letter to Silvestro

Dear Silvestro,

Hi, how are you? I am feeling a little down today. I think your the only person who can pick me up. I have been doing a 45 minute walk everyday but its getting me no where.

I know what the problem is. I am a glucose intolerant and the doctors seem to think i might have PCOS. At the moment i just feel like i am going around and around in circles.I never feel hungry, sometimes i have to make myself eat something. Then i when i do feel like something its not real hunger. It usually stress or tiredness. My dietitian thinks that i have to do at least one hour and half to begin with. Which i don't mind doing, however what else can i do? Do those strength exercises count? such as weights, ab exercises etc. Do you have any other ideas that i can use to lengthen my exercise time.I am just really lost here Silvestro but i am scared because i am literally one step away from developing full blown diabetes. At the moment i am just trying to be as positive as i can but its really hard. These are the cards that i have been dealt and i just have to accept that this is what i must do.I am sorry to keep going on, i realise that you are probably very busy but any feed back you have would be greatly appreciated.

Katrina xxoo

2 comments:

Daniel Munday said...

Katrina,
If you're not hungry which means we need to put a blowtorch to your metabolism to speed it up and start making you hungry.

We gotta crank up the intensity of your walks - find some hills. Powerwalk up them, walk down them slow to recover.

Repeat as many times as you can.

This'll be a positive start.

I know you can do it.

Remember how it felt last week with your blog post about bowling?

That's the headspace you need to be in again to make this happen.

Daniel
http://www.danielmunday.com

KatrinaMartin said...

Thanks Daniel,
So like you said tonight.. eat every three hours and walk up and down the hills?